For the Storage, Transfer and Processing of Personal Data
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, “BDSG” (new)) which is applicable as of 25thMay 2018, stipulate that the processing of personal data is only admissibleif you -as a dealer -have given consent (Article 6 (1)(a) GDPR) or if there is statutory permissionwithin the GDPR (Article 6 (1)(b-f) GDPR).The GDPR allows for the collection, storage and processing of data in all cases where this is done for the purposes of a contractual relationship or a quasi-contractual relationship of trust (Article 6 (1)(b)GDPR). Furthermore, such data processing is allowed under the GDPR if this is required to protect the legitimate interests of Parts Europe GmbH and there are no grounds to believe that you have an overriding legitimate interest in excluding such processing or use (Article 6 (1)(f)GDPR).
Collection and Processing of Personal Data
Which personal information of our dealers do we collect and use?
We process the following information:
- Information you provide to us when you register as a dealer:In order to be able to become and operate as a professional dealer of the products of Parts Europe GmbH, you must be an authorized Parts Europe dealer. For this, all potential new dealers must first register on our web platform. We collect, store and process information (such as contact address, phone, fax, email, company name, legal form, tax information, VAT No., Register of Commerce name, Register of Commerce No.) that you enter when registering on our website or provide in any other manner.
- Information on quote and order processing:We collect, store and process information required for the processing of quotes and orders (quote preparation, order confirmation, delivery, invoicing) with specialized dealers. This processing is performed automatically in part, for example, for the automated generation of order confirmations by the system.
- Email communication:As part of the upkeep of our network of dealers, we carry out day-to-day communications, partially concerning non-order-related matters, with our registered dealers. Thus, if you provided us with personal data, we use it to answer your inquiries, for technical administration purposes and to send out information on our products, manufacturers and activities.
- Support for dealers at events:Parts Europe GmbH participates in events and in particular racing events, fairs and other activities. In that context, we collect, store and process information in order to provide support to dealers before and during events and other activities (such as invitations for dealers, registration of dealers, booking of hotels, tickets, etc.; payment of ticket costs).
- Statistical / automatic information:To improve our services and optimize our dealer network, we process information obtained during the processing of quotes and orders for internal company evaluation purposes (especially sales reports or other reports on dealer accounts).
- Information from other sources:We occasionally also use information from other sources and add it to our stored dealer data. We reserve the right in particular to collect information about your payment history from third parties (such as credit rating agencies) in order to offer you certain payment possibilities (such as a credit limit).
Transfer of Data to Third Parties to Ensure Comprehensive Customer Services
We pass on the information that we collect to third parties only in the following context:
- Affiliated companies:Parts Europe GmbH is a subsidiary of LeMans Corporation, with its distributors Parts Unlimited and Parts Canada.Under the agreement with the parent company on the development and optimization of the dealer network, employees of those companies have access to the data of Parts Europe GmbH. This includes access to the personal data of registered dealers. Your personal data is only accessible to a limited number of people at LeMans Corporation. In addition, the parent company takes technical and organizational security measures in accordance with the state of technology to protect your data. However, at this point, we would like to explicitly indicate that the company headquarters of LeMans Corporation is located in a country which is in terms of data protection law regarded as a third country without an adequate level of data protection. With your consent you express that you are aware of possible risks of such data transfers in terms of Article 49 (1)(a) GDPR.
- Country Manager /Sales Representative: Parts Europe GmbH works with a network of Country Managers and Sales Representatives. Those Country Managers / Sales Representatives support potential dealers in the establishment of business relationships with Parts Europe GmbH and assist registered dealers during existing business relationships.In order to carry out their tasks, Country Managers / Sales Representatives have access to the personal contract and service data of the dealers assigned to them. In particular, they have access to order and sales figures calculated based on their contract-based commissions.Country Managers and Sales Representatives process and use personal data in the context of their support activities. Parts Europe GmbH obliges all Country Managers and Sales Representatives by contract to comply with the provisions of the GDPR and the German BDSG (new)and its specific confidentiality obligations. The Sales Representative assigned to your account will be communicated to you.
- Protection of Parts Europe GmbH and third parties:We providepersonal information regarding known customers when we are required to do so by law or where such disclosure is necessary to enforce our general terms and conditions or other agreements or to protect our rights or those of our suppliers and third parties.This includes exchanging information with companies that specialize in the prevention and minimization of abuse and credit card fraud.
- With your consent:In all other cases, we will inform you when personal information is disclosed to third parties and will give you the opportunity to give your consent.
Access to stored data / correction of stored data
At any time, you have the right to request and obtain information (free of charge) about the personal data that has been stored.Furthermore, you have the right to correct, block and delete that personal data, when not prevented by law (e.g. retention requirements).
We have taken extensive technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal data held by us from unauthorized access and abuse. Our security procedures and measures are regularly reviewed and adjusted to match the technological improvements.We oblige our employees to respect confidentiality and comply with the prevailing legal regulations of data protection. Third parties working for Parts Europe GmbH are obliged to comply with rules on the protection of personal data as well.
Please note: Unless you provide a consent form, there may be limitations on the services offered to you.